£55000-65000 per annum
17 November 2023
We are working with a leading top 50 UK law firm who are looking to add a talented Employment lawyer to their team in Manchester.
This role is ideal for an Employment lawyer who is looking to take the next step up in their career who has between 2 and 5 years PQE.
This is a national practice advising on a range of complex employment issues including: employment tribunal litigation, issues ranging from daily personnel matters, including disciplinary and grievance issues, strategic management issues such as redundancy programmes, industrial action, and transfers of employees.
The practice also works closely with their commercial and corporate colleagues to provide support on transactional matters.
Clients include household names and listed businesses. There is also a particular strength in the education and healthcare sectors.
On a daily basis you will encounter a wide range of matters which will include:
- Providing legal advice to a broad range of clients, from company owners and managers, HR professionals and in-house lawyers, to public and private sector organisations, as well as senior employees and executives, on a range of employment matters.
- Managing a good mix of contentious and non-contentious employment matters.
- Undertake all aspects of employment law including drafting various employment documents, maternity and paternity rights, discrimination, whistleblowing, employee relations issues, disciplinary matters and grievances, mediation, dismissals, redundancy, TUPE and employment tribunal claims.
- Transactional support
You will be working with leading employment lawyers and have the full support of more senior colleagues to help develop you professionally as an accomplished Employment lawyer working with a wide range of clients.
As you would expect from a leading firm, benefits are extensive and include:
- Birthday privilege day
- Christmas shutdown
- Holiday buy and sell and carryover scheme
- Charity volunteering days
- Private medical insurance
- Permanent health insurance
- Health cash plan
- Life assurance
- Annual travel season ticket loan
If this Employment position is of interest, please click apply. If you would prefer to have a chat before applying, then get in touch with Joe Rees on 0161 964 0004 to get the ball rolling. PQE and salary levels are for guidance only.
Tim is one of the senior consultants at Thornton Legal with a stellar reputation in the Manchester legal market. He works closely with associates, senior associates, legal directors and partners who are looking to make moves across private and commercial practices areas. Tim is regularly instructed as a preferred recruitment partner and often handles vacancies not advertised on-line.