Family Law Paralegal
£20000-25000 per annum
09 August 2023
A well established and highly reputable firm with offices across Merseyside are seeking a Family Paralegal for their Wirral office.
You will be assisting senior fee earners with a large case load of Family Law matters.
Duties will include: -
* Opening files
* Day to day assistance for the team
* Updating clients on case progress
* Communicating with courts, experts and agencies
* Appointment making
* Taking and making calls
* Preparing bundles of documents for hearings
* Dealing with clients both in person and remotely where necessary
* General legal and admin support including typing will be required
* Diary management
* Attending court assisting counsel and/ or clients
* Carrying out legal aid assessments and applications
* Taking client appointments and initial instructions
The Ideal Candidate:
You will work well both individually and as part of a large team
Be flexible and able to accommodate client or team needs
Have great time management skills and be able to prioritise heavy workloads
You will have prior experience working in a Family team
If you are an LPC graduate you will have taken the Family Law elective on your LPC
Experience of Case Management Systems and Laserforms, experience of Excel spreadsheets.
Salary and Benefits:
Salary is competitive as well as excellent benefits
Flexible working environment
Excellent training and career progression opportunities
Please click apply. Dont worry if you dont have an up to date cv. Get in touch with Laura-Kate Davies directly to get the ball rolling.
Laura-Kate has been amazing in helping me find my first legal job since finishing university. After finding jobs that she thought I would be suitable for she put my name forward and then I was constantly kept in the loop with updates at each stage of the process. Even after getting the job, Laura-Kate checked in with me to check I was ready and with general reassurances. I was helped with interview preparation and given tips and then was helped transition as smoothly as possible into my new job.